Image Map

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

My First Ever Target Beauty Box


I was having the absolute WORST day yesterday until I got home to find this waiting for me.


My friend, Jonessa, has some type of radar that let's her know just when I need something to make me smile. She sent me this Target Beauty Box to help keep my blogging vibes going. Always looking out for me, that one.


From what Jonessa told me, you can order the Beauty box here. They are usually less than $10 and the shipping is free. But they are limited and once they are gone..they are gone (until the next one). So you have to keep an eye out and order it quick.

I decided to try out a few of the items last night before I got into bed. As I dabbed on the Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation (my sample came in Classic Ivory), my husband says to me, "You don't need any of that. What did you do..cover up some freckles?". {insert Heart Eye Smiley emoji here} I really liked how easy the foundation went on, it was light enough not to be cakey or heavy, but serious enough to cover up..well..freckles..and sunspots..and small blemishes.


So, I went from clean faced to polished (honestly, I think Classic Ivory might be a shade too light for me)....and THEN I added the COVERGIRL Colorlicious Lipstick in 'Succulent Cherry'. Oh...dear readers...I know there are women out there that can pull off red lipstick (like my sister) but I am not one of them. I don't really know how simply adding the wrong shade of lipstick can age someone a gazillion years...but it did. The lipstick did have a nice feel to it, but I don't wear much makeup and when I do I'm really a lip gloss kinda girl.


To clean all that mess off I used the Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes. I already use Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer on the daily, so I'm familiar with the brand. One wipe took everything off my face (including the lipstick and it didn't leave an awful taste behind) and left it feeling clean and smooth.


Lotions and ointments are a little harder to review right away. The true test is always how the work over time.  The CeraVe Healing Ointment, is a lip balm consistency, and the little sample pot it came in makes it great for throwing in your purse or keeping it at your desk. It immidiatly made me think of my cuticles, because they are always very dry. This ointment would be great for rubbing on your fingernails and around your nose when you have chapped skin. The Marlowe No. 022 Body Butter was a little oily when I put it on my hands but once it dries its good. It has a scent and I was racking my brain trying to place it....it smells like a office bathroom air freshener. Take that as you will.

I used the Pantene AIRspray Hair Spray this morning. I took a picture of my hair freshly done and then later in the afternoon. I can't say that the spray really helped hold the curl, it looks about the same when I don't use anything. BUT, I did like that the Hair Spray did not make my hair stiff or sticky AND it did not stink. I'm going to try it again when I'm putting my hair up.


The only other items I haven't tried yet are the Laneige Water Bank Soothing Mask and the Hawaiian Tropic Island Sport SPF 30 Lotion. The sheet masks kind of freak me out..lol..they are so weird! It says it is suppose to be "non-slip".....we shall see. I'm saving the sunscreen lotion for our vacation. What better place to test it out than the beach, right?

This box was $7.00 for eight good size samples (that are way more than a one-and-done application), so I'd say they are well worth the money. Jonessa also says you can "like" the Krazy Coupon lady on Facebook or check the Totally Target website for a heads up on these boxes (and y'all are gonna want to listen to her).


No comments:

Post a Comment